Friday, January 14, 2011

Woman bit off part of man's ear before it was eaten by dog

A jealous girlfriend bit off her boyfriend's ear in a drink-fuelled rage - only for her dog Alfie to eat it. Mother-of-five June Thomson, 44, chomped off the bottom of Trevor Wainman's left ear after a party night out at the pub. When they returned from the Ship Inn in Sutton, east Yorks, to his flat in east Hull they got into a row because a barmaid had bought Mr Wainman a drink for his birthday. It was then Thomson flew into a rage, attacking his face and biting off a 2cm bit of his left ear before spitting it on the floor.



But seconds later it had vanished, with the only explanation possible being that her Yorkshire Terrier had eaten it. Mr Wainman, 45, said: "The ear was never found in the house, the police could not find it and they looked everywhere. "She spat it out on the floor. I didn't stop around to look where it had gone. We just assume Alfie ate it. Alfie is her Yorkshire Terrier. No one else would have taken it. I have heard of nibbling someone's ear, but this took the biscuit.

"I can see the funny side of it now. You couldn't make it up could you? I went to Hull Royal Infirmary, but without the ear there was nothing they could do. I didn't stay. So I went to the doctors. When I got back to the flat she had trashed the place. We were living together, but not now. A barmaid bought me a drink for my birthday. That seemed to trigger it. It was just jealousy."



The incredible story was revealed yesterday as Thomson appeared before Hull Crown Court to plead guilty to causing grievous bodily harm. Judge Michael Mettyear gave no indication of the likely sentence she would face, but adjourned the case to February 11. Mr Wainman said outside court: "She cost me a lot of money. She wants a good sentence. Not just a week in prison. I am never going to get my ear back. I just want justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment