Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Too tight dress hospitalises Joan Collins

Screen legend Joan Collins was taken out of the Vanity Fair party in an ambulance after a too-tight dress made her woozy during the fabled A-list post-Oscar party.

The Dynasty diva, who had joined Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter's viewing party and dinner at Hollywood's iconic Sunset Tower Hotel, started to feel faint about 10pm and rested on a sofa in the hotel's Tower Bar before her husband, Percy Gibson, called an ambulance.



She was discreetly helped out of the back of the hotel. Collins, 77, who recently completed an acclaimed one-woman show at Feinstein's nightclub at The Regency, said, "We had been there for seven hours, and I started feeling dizzy.

"I tried to get some air, but I felt really faint. I wanted to leave in our limo, but Percy decided to call an ambulance. We went to the hospital, and they did all the tests before the doctors told me I was absolutely fine and released me. The truth was, I made the wrong decision to wear a very tight dress, and had something rather like a Victorian swoon. The good news is, I am in good health and feel fine today."

No comments:

Post a Comment