Saturday, September 25, 2010

Woman not sure how she ended up in swamp for three days

A woman was found stranded in a swamp in Moultonboro, New Hampshire, and couldn't remember how she got there. Ellen Vincenti, 60, thanked her lucky stars that she made it out of a New Hampshire swamp alive after three nights lost and alone, huddled on a tiny patch of dry land. "Every day when I would stand up again and start yelling for help I would slip, and half of me would fall back in the swamp," said Vincenti.

The last thing Vincenti remembered was kissing her husband goodnight on Saturday. She doesn't know why or how she drove her car deep into the Moultonboro woods, and then abandoned it. "She suffered from some kind of medical issue that caused her to blackout," said Moultonboro Police Chief Tom Dawson. "I took my clothes and I layed them so they would dry so if I was there another night at least I’d be partially warm. I was breaking branches and putting them on the ground so that I wasn’t lying in too much wet," said Vincenti.



Finally on Tuesday a couple heard her and called police. "We think we heard her the night before but it was naturally so dark out here you wouldn’t think somebody would be out there. We thought maybe it was animals," said Beverly Willey. "It did get quite thick and swampy, and my officer was up to his chest in water,” said Dawson.

Police guided her out along a logging path and discovered her car a half mile the other way a day after Vincenti’s terrifying ordeal came to an end. "The first night was the worst cause I think it was a moose that wasn’t too far from me and that really scared me," said Vincenti. Vincenti said her next step is to find out if medication is to blame for her blackout.

With news video.

No comments:

Post a Comment