Saturday, June 25, 2011

Seagull steals bags of salt and vinegar crisps from newsagents

A cheeky seagull with a penchant for Walker's salt and vinegar crisps has become a regular customer at Margate's C and S News. Manager Paul Heath, 48, noticed the snacks disappearing from the bottom two shelves of a display at the shop's entrance.

He said: "The bird sticks his head around the corner and plucks the crisps off the shelf. For some unknown reason he only pinches Walker's salt and vinegar crisps, nothing else." He added: "Punters in the pub opposite find it highly amusing watching the greedy blighter make off with my crisps.



"So I took them off the bottom two shelves which I thought would fox him. He went to the shelves and almost looked disgusted they weren't there any more. He darted across the shop heading for the Choc Dips."

The beady-eyed bird sits on the roof of the shop waiting until the coast is clear before swooping down for the prize. Mr Heath added: "I do have some respect for the seagull because he has the gall to try and pinch my stock. I admit no one likes to lose stock but the entertainment value is priceless."

No comments:

Post a Comment